Property Sale information for 114 Tenison Roadfrom 13th August 2004. Continue reading
A visitor to Tenison Road 100 years ago would have found himself standing in fields and gardens with a view through to St Barnabas Church. Rural Mill Road?
“The changing face of Tenison Road”. Article from Cambridge Weekly News, 19th March 1981. Continue reading
Painting submitted by Margaret Cranmer painted circa 1978. Continue reading
Postcard found at 44 Lyndewode Road.
Laundry book found at 44 Lyndewode Road.
Listing for Tenison Road in Kelly’s directory of Cambridge, 1916. Continue reading
2014 poster marking the 100 year anniversary of the opening of the Salvation Army building: it incorporates a 1914 postcard showing the stone laying ceremony on 26th March 1914.
Reference to Baptist Church on Tension Road under “Nonconformist places of worship in Cambridge”. List times for services, Sunday school, Bible class and prayer meetings. Printed in Street and General Directory of Cambridge (1913), published by W.P. Spalding of 43 Sidney Street. Download a high resolution PDF of this page here. A complete version of this directory is available at the Historical Directories collection here.
In the month of April the University crew again carried the Light Blue flag to victory in the annual contest with Oxford. In the same month the new Tenison-Road, after incredible delays and all but incredible expenses, was opened to the public and the Improvement Board passed bye-laws regulating buildings and the making of roads.
Cambridge Independent Press, December 28th, 1889.
Thomas Tenison (29 September 1636 – 14 December 1715) was an English church leader, Archbishop of Canterbury from 1694 until his death. During his primacy, he crowned two British monarchs.