Reference to Baptist Church on Tension Road under “Nonconformist places of worship in Cambridge”. List times for services, Sunday school, Bible class and prayer meetings. Printed in Street and General Directory of Cambridge (1913), published by W.P. Spalding of 43 Sidney Street. Download a high resolution PDF of this page here. A complete version of this directory is available at the Historical Directories collection here.

In the month of April the University crew again carried the Light Blue flag to victory in the annual contest with Oxford. In the same month the new Tenison-Road, after incredible delays and all but incredible expenses, was opened to the public and the Improvement Board passed bye-laws regulating buildings and the making of roads.

 Cambridge Independent Press, December 28th, 1889.